Simple advice

Simple advice

by Izabela Król -
Number of replies: 0

In my opinion last semester cannot be compared to any previous one. In February or even at the beginning of March no one expected that our lives have would have changed so firmly much/definitely. Now, we are living in the a different reality and there is no indication that we will be back to “normal times” in the near future.

To be honest, organizing my life in the different mode wasn’t challenging for me, so I will not raise concerns about how to arrange your space or time. I would like to touch another topic – in my opinion a far more important one – how to social distancing and isolation impact on our physical and mental health. I had a huge/really serious really huge problem to motivate myself during the lockdown or even after that, because still all my activities were still taking place online. Spending all days, working, studying, relaxing in the same room was horrible. I had no space which was subconsciously associated to with my free time. Before it was my room, but now it is also the place where I am working and studying. So my advice for about/solution to that problem is really simple, but it took me a little time to get this idea: divide the space you have – so never lie in your bed listening to the lectures or working on your laptop. It is hard, but try to sit at your desk, and after some days you will observe that your brain behaves differently and subconsciously prepares you to for intellectual work when you sit on the chair next to your desk and slow down when you lie on your bed. It really helps to let your organism fully regenerate.

(Edytowany przez Dorota Horowska - pierwotnie wysłano niedziela, 11.10.2020, 16:49 )

300 words