Seizing opportunities

Seizing opportunities

Napisane przez: Aleksandra Farasiewicz ()
Liczba odpowiedzi: 0

The new online reality is not exactly new for me because technologies were developed when I was growing up. I’m used to using them, so they are not an enemy, but an ally in a world where people haven’t got much time to meet relatives. The digitalized world is an opportunity to maintain relationships, especially at Christmas. Nowadays, I think Christmas is even more appealing to me than when I was a child. I feel them because I’m engaged in creating a festive atmosphere by choosing decorations, making favourite dishes, singing Christmas songs, and giving presents. However, Christmas changed because now they are not about Jesus birth, but about spending time together with people I love. It is a way to relax and appreciate everything I have around me before tense exams. I share beautiful moments with my family when we all gather around the table. So, the thing that changed my approach to Christmas is growing old and a need to appreciate every moment with my family, not the new technologies. They just help me to feel less guilty when I have to divide time between people I care about by giving me this time. Thanks to them I can meet relatives online without wasting any minute. 

208 słów